New Position Posted: Program Director
Application process: Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please, no calls, emails, or drop by inquiries.
HOPE STATION’s mission is to serve persons in Wilson County, NC, by providing emergency food for families, shelter and housing assistance for those who are homeless and emergency financial assistance, while working to remove barriers to accessing affordable quality food and shelter.
HOPE STATION operates as a non-profit organization under Wilson County Interfaith Services, Inc. A Board whose membership includes area clergy, lay leaders from congregations, community and business leaders provide oversight of the work.
HOPE STATION has an IRS 501.c.3 not-for-profit designation.
Role: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
The HOPE STATION Program Director will be responsible for management of shelter, housing and pantry staff, grant management, and general office functions relevant to program operations.
Reports To: Executive Director
- Regular attendance during office hours
- On-call response to emergency needs and after-hours contact from community partner
- Shelter. In cooperation with Hope Station’s Shelter Committee, provide oversight of the Shelter program and staff to ensure that the two shelters are fully staffed and operating in accordance with the policies and procedures of Hope Station and applicable shelter grants.
- Housing services. Provide oversight of the Rapid Re-Housing and Prevention programs and staff to ensure that timely and appropriate services and financial assistance are being provided to housing clients in adherence with Hope Station policies and procedures and in compliance with grant-funded programs.
- Pantry. In cooperation with Hope Station’s Pantry Committee, provide oversight of the Pantry program and staff to ensure efficient Pantry operations in accordance with the policies and procedures of Hope Station and the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina.
- Financial Assistance. In cooperation with Hope Station’s Financial Assistance Committee, provide oversight of the Financial Assistance program and staff to ensure the responsible distribution of Hope Station’s emergency financial assistance funds within the budget and in accordance with Hope Station policies and procedures.
- Oversee the daily workflow and schedule of staff and volunteers.
Planning and Visioning Responsibilities:
- Assist with the search for and preparation of grants to sustain Hope Station’s current and future programming.
- Assist with creating policies and procedures to maximize client experience.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities on a tight schedule.
- Work productively in a flexible environment.
- Ability to properly handle personal and confidential information.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism when dealing with the public and/or difficult situations.
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work well with a diverse group of clients, staff, volunteers, and supporters.
- Microsoft Office applications (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and basic accounting principles.
- Proficient in advanced internet usage including social media.
- Working knowledge of virtual meeting applications.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in social work, ministry, other human services or equivalent education and experience in a field relevant to Hope Station’s mission and programs.
- Experience and or demonstrated management of personnel and operations in non-profit organization, social services, volunteer management and recruitment.
- Proficiency in the use of online translation software for foreign languages, if not able to understand and speak Spanish or other foreign languages used in Wilson County.
Schedule: 8:00-5:00, Monday – Friday on site at Hope Station; occasional evening and weekend hours
- COVID vaccine and boosters required
- Personal protective equipment required and provided by the agency
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place; sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place in public areas
- Staff responsible for sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in personal work space.
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Paid dental, vision, accidental death & disability benefits
- Available as needed, at the expense of the agency, for improving skills required for the job
Pay: commensurate with experience
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
HOPE STATION is an equal opportunity employer. HOPE STATION does not regard race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any protected class characteristic when seeking to hire. This practice, in addition to hiring, applies to our recruiting, training, transfers, promotions, job benefits, pay, dismissal practices, social and recreational activities, and any other term or condition of employment.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no calls, emails, or drop by inquiries.