WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE OF HOPE STATION!
Imagine an organization that provided food for over 130,000 meals and over 6,000 shelter nights for 143 different men in 2018. Add Westview House, a new family shelter, financial assistance for families experiencing an emergency, and you have discovered HOPE STATION, the ministry of Wilson County Interfaith Services, Inc. in Wilson, North Carolina.
Through a Food Pantry that provides three-days worth of food to families and individuals, a family shelter, a men’s shelter, financial assistance, and a rapid re-housing program, HOPE STATION provides services in response to a call to faithfulness.
“God loves the stranger, giving him food and clothing. Love the stranger therefore; for you were strangers in the land of Egypt.” [Deuteronomy 10:17-19]
“I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in.” [Matthew 25:35]
HOPE STATION’s leadership, volunteers, and clients are grateful that the Wilson community understands the importance of offering a helping hand to those who are in need. And we move into the future with the hope that congregations, civic groups, businesses, governmental agencies, and individuals will continue to work in collaboration with each other to alleviate suffering in our area of eastern North Carolina.
As you peruse this website, if you find a way that you or your organization can partner with Hope Station, please contact us!
Hope Station’s Hours of Operation:
- Office Hours: Monday through Thursday – 8:00 am – 4:00 pm (except holidays); Friday – 8:00 am – 1:00 pm (except holidays)
- Food Pantry: Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 9:00 am – 11:30 am
- Family Shelter Hours: Daily 4:00 pm – 7:45 am (9 am on weekends)
- Shelter Hours: Daily – 7:00 pm – 7:00 am (9 am on weekends
- Food & other donations are received during office hours, and at other times by appointment.